The competition invites young entrepreneurs and Micro, Small, and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs) in Africa to submit innovative solutions and business ideas that can drive climate change adaptation and resilience across Africa.
YouthADAPT Challenge information
The Global Center on Adaptation (GCA), the African Development Bank (AfDB), and Climate Investment Funds (CIF) jointly organise the Youth Adaptation Solutions Challenge (YouthADAPT Challenge), an annual competition and awards programme for youth-led enterprises (50% women-led), as part of the Africa Adaptation Acceleration Program YouthADAPT Flagship Program. Through encouragement of youth-led innovation and entrepreneurship in climate change adaptation and resilience across Africa, this challenge aims to increase sustainable job creation.
What will you receive?
20 innovators will be recognised as winners in this challenge’s edition at an awards ceremony, and they will have access to post-award support in the following ways:
- Grants of $100,000 to each winner
- Building Capacity and Training
- Coaching and mentoring
Who may apply?
- applicants between the ages of 18 and 35, youth-led
- delivering solutions for climate adaptation or resilience that meet current issues
3 . functioning legally and registered in Africa
- able to provide proof of income for at least two years
What are we trying to find?
Solutions (goods, services, and tools) aimed at reducing vulnerability to climate change and boosting resilience are welcome in the YouthADAPT Challenge. Acceptable solutions may include:
• A company offering adaption solutions that has not expanded or is not widely used
• A current enterprise or item offering resilience and adaptability solutions
• A method that can be used commercially to spread the word about or increase the use of particular adaption solutions.
How to apply
Apply here and follow the instructions.
The application closes on the 4th of October 2022.