MassChallenge Bridge The MassChallenge Benin national startup challenge, run in collaboration with Zeleus, seeks out and supports the best startups in Benin, Western Africa, and links them to the MassChallenge worldwide network.
MassChallenge Bridge In collaboration with Zeleus, Benin is a national startup competition that finds and supports Benin’s top startups while also linking them to the MassChallenge worldwide network. The initiative is centred on assisting early-stage businesses in all industries that are established in Benin and want to expand outside of the country’s .
WHO WE ARE
Top startups with a Beninese base and an interest in expanding internationally will be found and accelerated through Bridge to MassChallenge Benin. Every company that is selected into the programme will take part in local training that will aid in the development and marketing of their ventures. The top Bridge to MassChallenge Benin entrepreneurs will be chosen through a pitch competition after participating in a virtual startup bootcamp run by MassChallenge. The best startups will take part in two additional one-week bootcamps where they will have access to the ecosystems of MassChallenge Switzerland and Boston, respectively. Applications for companies that qualify are already being accepted; they will expire on September 30, 2022
This program targets innovative startups operating across all industries. Startups looking to apply must be operating and be based in Benin. The program also aims to create a robust ecosystem to promote accountability and continuous quality improvement.
WHO ARE TO PARTICIPATE
We hunt for business owners who wish to grow their enterprises.
We welcome applications from early-stage and growth-stage entrepreneurs in any industry, located anywhere in Benin. We’re searching for entrepreneurs in Benin who wish to expand nationally while also having access to the MassChallenge network globally.
- Demonstrate product/market fit.
- Have a skilled and experienced team.
- Have at least one team member who is conversant in English.
- Be located in Benin and aspire to grow and scale within the Benin ecosystem and internationally.
- Have raised less than ~$1M in equity-based funding and generated less than ~$2M in revenue in the last 12 months.
WHY SHOULD STARTUPS CARE?
Top startups will be chosen to take part in an intense, four-month programme that includes both online and in-person components. During this time, startups will develop and implement custom project plans to advance their localization journeys and gain exposure to well-known international markets. A panel of professionals will evaluate applicants for the programme, and the Bridge to MassChallenge team will decide who will be accepted at their exclusive discretion.
Startups will also receive:
- Tailored mentoring and coaching offered by Zeleus and other local mentors, access to local and global mentors of the MassChallenge network, as well as mentors from the Benin entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Tailored curriculum based on startups’ specific needs.
- Top startups will have the opportunity to participate in week-long immersive innovation ecosystem and boot camps in Lausanne, Switzerland and Boston, USA.
- Potential investment funding opportunities by facilitating connections to investors and a private demo-day.
- Access to the MassChallenge global network.
How to apply
- Go to this page
- Check your inbox and activate your account
- Create a new startup profile
- Apply to the Bridge to MassChallenge Benin 2022 program
- Complete and submit your application.
Closes September 30, 2022