As part of efforts to drive financial inclusion, facilitate macroeconomic growth and integrate the Nigerian economy to the world leading economies through innovation and cutting edge emerging technologies, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and Africa Fintech Foundry (AFF) have opened eNaira Hackathon. Interested participants should visit the eNaira Hackathon website.
AFF X CBN HACKATHON
About the Hackathon
- AFF HACKATHON series is one of the major thrusts of the AFF tech program that brings together multiple teams of talented entrepreneurs, developers and designers to solve distinct challenges through the creation of innovative solutions.
- This edition is in partnership with CBN to ideate use-cases for Enaira.
- The newly introduced CBDC (eNaira) would be necessary for the future to ensure a competitive digital economy.
- Applications will be opened to participants across the continent. The Hackathon structure will be Hybrid (Physical and Virtual) and will hold in AFF premises for Lagos and a designated location by CBN in Abuja.
- Innovators will develop use cases for eNaira in the following target areas. There is also an option to innovate outside these areas(Wildcard)
- International Remittance, Trans-border payment, Blockchain, Financial Inclusion, Trade (AFCTFA)