CONCERNING THE PROGRAM
An enterprise development programme called the AYuTe Africa Challenge Nigeria was created by Heifer International and carried out by Enactus Nigeria with the goal of identifying, fostering, and assisting innovative, pertinent, and technology-driven agric-centric businesses to expand, scale, and prosper.
The top three winners will each get a cash prize worth a combined $20,000 in total. The grand prize winner will get $10,000, the first runner-up $6,000, and the second runner-up $4,000, respectively.
Candidates should be youth-led, early-stage or growing agritech enterprises or companies with ground-breaking solutions that have a significant, widespread impact on smallholder farmers.
- age between 18 and 35 on the last day to submit an entry for the AYuTe Nigeria contest.
- Be a young person with creative ideas that emphasise the agriculture sector.
- Possess concepts that have been demonstrated to be effective at resolving social issues and are implementable, technically possible, financially sound (affordable), and environmentally sound (eco-friendly)
- possess a valid form of identification proving Nigerian nationality, such as a permanent voter’s card or international passport.
Create the project’s financial statements.
- Founder or co-founder of the business entered in the competition, and actively participate in its management and operations
- possess no prior convictions for any crimes such as felony, tax evasion, financial impropriety, or corruption
- Possess the ability to collaborate and form partnerships with other parties or stakeholder
THE BUSINESS MUST POSSESS:
- Been incorporated or registered with the appropriate Nigerian government bodies
Scalability and the capacity to influence a large number of smallholder farmers, providing documented proof of an impact on their operations or income
- The potential to reduce poverty and create jobs
- Compliance with pertinent national policies and treaties (e.g., SDGs)
- A specific technological advancement that solves the issues that smallholder farmers face in the following areas:
Smallholder farmer income, productivity, labor-intensiveness of activities, adaptability, access to knowledge, and strong competitive advantage.
How to apply
The application period will be open from 17 August to 16 September, 2022, by 5pm WAT.
NOTE: You are required to follow us on social media @heifernigeria and @AyuteAfrica
This application form can be accessed in two ways: Web and App.
To access the form, follow the links provided below.
Applicants will receive a confirmation message for their application after submission by email/SMS.
Any queries? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application period will run from 17 August to 16 September. In September 2022, the first stage of the challenge will identify the top-10 agritech innovators and the second stage will identify the top-5 agritech innovators. The top three enterprises will be awarded cash prizes at a pitch and awards ceremony in October 2022.
Closes September 16, 2022
|Sectors||Agribusiness, Agritech, Crop farming|